You will be working on major project in the architecture design, and implementation data pipelines.
This client is in the Essential Services sector providing one of the most necessary and sustainable services we all benefit from. You will be working in a cloud environment working on the latest tech – Azure , python and pyspark. The agile team is close-knit, passionate about data and getting things done. This is a Senior role and you will architect, design, and implement data pipelines, support the productionisation of predictive analysis and complex data modelling. You will play a significant role in delivering and implementing solutions across the company and mentoring the team.
- Senior Full-time permanent role
- National Major Projects
- Cloud Technology – Azure and Python, Pyspark
- Melbourne - flex wk office + WFH
- You will develop data analytics and reporting solutions that drive decision making and improve performance across all departments of the business at a National level.
- Develop data pipelines in Azure eco-system – Azure Storage, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Server, Synapse.
- Communicate with solutions architects, data analysts, DataOps, business analysts, data scientists and other developers to ensure all deliveries are supported by the correct architectural implementation. Provide expert advice and guidance on data quality-related activities.
- Provide informed advice and guidance on data quality-related activities.
- Comply with the procedures and processes used within the Data & Analytics team, ensuring all work undertaken is executed consistently and professionally.
- Responsible for business analysis, information analysis, data extraction, loading and transformation (ETL/ELT), data modelling, data cube development, report development, user training and documentation
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in IT/Maths/Stats/Engineering or relevant commercial experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (client requirement gathering)
- Proficient SQL, GIT and Python (PySpark, pandas and dataframes); Experience with XML, JSON and unstructured data sources
- DataLake & EDW methodologies; Data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design; Deep understanding of relational modelling, understanding of dimensional modelling
- Azure eco-system and software stack – PowerBI, ADF, Databricks (Apache Spark), Synapse, SQL Server, DevOps
- GIT, CI/CD under TDD (VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- ERD and Dimensional Modelling; Skill in data modelling and in designing Data Vaults and/or Kimball-based data models
- Demonstrable experience in delivering insightful analysis and reporting solutions
- Experience in ETL/ELT process and traditional ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, Alteryx)
- Please note no sponsorship available – Must have full Australian working rights
This is an excellent opportunity to put your commercial acumen and data analytics skill set to good use. This role is the right mix of technical leadership and team engagement. In terms of career progression, you will be working with some of the Industry’s best and encouraged and supported to be your best. APPLY NOW!