APSCo has represented professional recruiters since 1999. In Australia, APSCo began as ITCRA in 1998 before rebranding to APSCo in early 2018.
As the only membership body dedicated to professional recruitment, APSCo offers risk and compliance checks to all its members so you can remain assured that any APSCo-certified business has annually undergone thorough screening on a business and individual recruitment consultant level.
This includes training on:
- The Australian Workplace Migration System
- Regulation (including licensing) & the APSCo Australia Code of Conduct
- Employment (including contracts and modern awards)
- Equal Employment Opportunity & Anti-Discrimination
- Work Health & Safety
- Reference Checking
The deep scope of training allows you to rest assured that your APSCo-certified consultant understands the elements of compliance when working with both candidates and clients.
APSCo also works with governing bodies to ensure any APSCo-certified recruitment agency is up-to-date on the latest hiring and recruitment legislation.
For example, APSCo worked with both the Queensland and Victoria governments when they were putting together the new Labour Hiring Licensing regulations that became active in Queensland in July 2018 and will be coming to Victoria as of April 29, 2019. The new regulations introduced the harmonisation of WHS to ensure stronger compliance, education and best practice behaviours, and outlines the penalties for entering into an arrangement with a provider or providing labour hire services without a license.
APSCo relays these important regulation updates to its certified partners, so your business can avoid heavy fines for not being compliant with the new legislation. Currently, organisations that fail to comply with the new Labour Hiring Licensing regulations in Queensland face up to a $391,650 fine.
Our CEO, Stephen Smith, is Vice Chair on the APSCo Board of Directors and ensures that Sirius People is aware of any government regulations that could impact our business — and yours. As part of our commitment to supporting people’s success, our management team has recently undergone APSCo certification and will be rolling out certification to our recruitment consultants this year, so that all our Sirius consultants will be certified by the end of 2019. This ensures that we can answer and are accountable to legislation and compliance around staffing, and can better provide advice regarding our specialist areas.
Some of the key projects APSCo will be supporting this year are:
- Recruitment Management —Creating a best practice guide for recruitment.
- Talent Management — Identifying resources required and developing strategies to attract, promote and retain key skills and capabilities
in the business.
- Employment and Contract Practices — Conduct checks on meeting workplace obligations, including employee and contractor
arrangements and information and records regarding taxation, superannuation, insurance, leave, and other aspects of employment law in Australia and New Zealand.
- Right to Work — Assessing organisations on their level of awareness and compliance with legal obligations, which reduces a significant
risk to your business.
- Privacy Management — Creating a best practice guide for data management, so employees and contractors can rest assured that their
personal information is protected and managed properly. This reduces the risk of a data breach, which can result in heavy fines.
- Safety Management — Assessing organisations on their safety standards and ensuring workers are properly trained and supervised to
carry out their work in a safe manner.
- Quality Management — Ensuring that APSCo-certified partners adhere to the international principles of Plan Do Check Act.
For more information on how working with an APSCo-certified partner is beneficial to your business, please reach out to your recruitment consultant today!