We are currently recruiting for a Microbiology Analyst to work for a leading pharmaceutical company. This role will be reporting to the Laboratory Manager and you will contribute to ensuring the product and processes are compliant with the required standards and established Quality Systems
Duties include, and are not limited to:
- Interpret and closely follow preparation methods, so that samples consistently meet client requirements, free of contamination and ready for analysis.
- Prepare samples for analysis by recording, mixing, weighing, blending or filtering, in accordance with sample/analysis requirements and preparation methods.
- Use basic equipment's such as autoclaves, pipettes, dispensers and balances in preparation of media and samples for microbiological analysis.
- Use aseptic technique in preparation of samples for microbiological analysis to prevent bacterial contamination.
- Accurate login and receipt of samples in the laboratory LIMS system.
- Perform routine confirmatory tests for further analysis of a sample to confirm a positive or negative result.
- Perform all work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner by following all OH&S policies/procedures/programs
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Have qualifications in Microbiology or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Possess an understanding of microbiological outcomes and results, including the ability to recognise deviations from normal test results.
- Be Quality-focused with excellent attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work in fast-paced team
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively network and liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands; plan and manage own daily work subject to routine supervision
For the right person this could turn in to a full time opportunity. Interviews will commence immediately so don't delay and apply today, this position will not last!