Do you have a strong statistical background and the ability to think through problems independently and love talking to people?
My client is seeking a personable data savvy professional to engage with the business and deliver on requirements gathered by providing meaningful business insights from the data analysed. You will need to draw on your problem solving ability and technical skills on a fraud detection project.
What's in it for you?
- Full time 3 month contract
- January 2019 Start
- CBD location accessible by public transport
- Innovative culture
Your main duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating predictive models on large amounts of data
- Analysing complex data sets to determine patterns, predictions and developing reports for internal stakeholders
- Detect fraud from large data sets, segmentation automation
- Programing in R or Python and exploring data using SQL and SPSS
- Collaborate and lead internal and external stakeholders for the development and delivery of the organisations Data Solutions
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy in and requirements are met.
- Proven understanding of data mining, cleansing and evaluation
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT OR Mathematics or Statistics (Honours of Masters Level is ideal). Can also be close to completion.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven experience on SQL, R and Python. An added bonus if you have experience on SPSS or SAS
- Understanding of Tableau or other data visualisation tools (PowerBI, SSRS)
- Independent thinker, solution focused and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills and self-starter
You will need to have proven experience with stakeholder engagement. If you fit the above description and have full Australian working rights (possibility of extension) APPLY NOW and once you have applied call Donna Bowen on 03 9020 1994.
We look forward to your application.