Please note this is a junior role.
Ideal candidate has investment data experience in operations / investment data analyst role at a fund manager, asset manager, or superannuation / investment company. By investment data, I mean feeds of data coming from Reuters, FactSet, and Bloomberg that need to be entered into the agency's systems.
Location: Melbourne onsite several days a week / hybrid
Our client is seeking an Investment Data Analyst to join their investment data Analyst team. The team is responsible for improved IDM capabilities that will provide high-quality trustworthy investment data that is complete, accurate, timely, accessible, and available when required.
- Process the daily investment data received from the custodians and data vendors
- May have Python, R, or SQL to help with data reconciliation or helping feed data into their system; however, the role is operational, not technical.
- Manage the data warehouse and all user permissions as well as integrate with other systems
- Create records of funds managers with agency partners and play a role in reconciliation
- Produce standard operating procedures for Investment Data Management system
- The core function of this role is to serve the data needs of our Performance and Analytics (P&A) team by overseeing and ensuring accurate and timely data delivery to performance systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide market data and technical support to the Agency for all data queries.
- Daily monitoring of exception management for data queries.
- Track performance of outsource partners.
- Facilitate and implement new market data requirements as they originate from the business.
- Create and maintain a benchmark and a market data registry for the Agency to understand what market data is available for consumption.
- Create and maintain a market data dictionary.
- Work with the data governance manager to maintain access rights on market data.
- Work with the data governance manager to define the data quality requirements for market and benchmark data and implement the data quality rules and controls within the Agency and through our partners.
- Analyst level candidate with investment understanding
- Understanding of market data and benchmark data
- Understanding of security analytics across all asset types with experience in financial data management including pricing and security master information.
- A strong understanding of financial data methodology
- Understanding of BAU teams, projects, and project environments
- Demonstrated experience in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executives, managers, SMEs, outsourced partners, and consultants.
- Experience with market data vendors and tools such as FactSet, Bloomberg, IHS Markit etc.
- An understanding of financial instruments including: Public Equity, Fixed Income, ETD and OTC derivatives, listed Property, listed Infrastructure, private equity, unlisted infrastructure & timberland, and unlisted Property
- Strong understanding of data management and the data lifecycle
- Working knowledge of contemporary business analysis methodologies, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Practical understanding of project delivery lifecycles, methodologies, and governance practices.