An exciting new position for an inbound leading hand as now arisen in this growing food distribution and importing company based in BANKSMEADOW- you must be able to travel to this location!
This temp to permanent position is offering a work/ life balance, hours are 7am – 3pm Monday to Friday. You will be leading a team of 6 people on a day shift and the successful candidate will be thriving to lead and develop others, so you must be self-motivated and have previous experience in a similar role.
The key to this role is to support and coordinate staff in completing tasks relating to receiving, storage, picking labeling, packing and dispatching accurately and on time whist achieving targets, KPIS and customer satisfaction.
This distribution centre is fast paced and well organised, whilst providing a safe and friendly working environment that can offer future career progression for the right candidate. You will ideally be a positive and open-minded warehouse operative who enjoys a challenge and working under pressure to meet deadlines and KPIS.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Hands on and supportive Inbound leading hand, tasks including, inventory management, receive and dispatch, forklift operation, pick, packing of orders
- Preparing work areas supplies, equipment and resources for the team
- Identifying and prioritising work for own and team in liaison with supervisor
- Liaising with other departments of the business to ensure the flow of materials in a timely manner
- Ensuring computer systems, RF scanners and administration is up to date and complete
- Participate in stocktakes and cycle counts
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Effective housekeeping – ensure site and all work areas are clean, tidy and most of all safe at all times
- Complete end of shifts checks, making sure all duties have be completed for the day
- Assist to ensure that employee OH&S responsible are met by complying with company standards
- Previous experience has a warehouse team leader
- Current LF forklift license and experience
- Experience using warehouse management systems and RF scanning is essential
- Strong computer skills, preferred experience using MS Office
- Exposure to manufacturing or HACCP is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to multi task, manage workloads, organising and planning
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Hands on commitment to direct and push the team
If you want to work in supportive team environment and you are a team player looking for a challenging role, please APPLY NOW to be me considered for an IMMEDIATE START after interview.