ROLE PURPOSE & OVERVIEW
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for creating innovative, industry leading customer experiences across every project inside the largest digital agency across the globe by collaborating in a team environment.
You will do this by staying informed of emerging technologies and performing comprehensive project research to deliver user experience artefacts which focus on human-centred design and real human truths.
As a hybrid designer, you will leverage design systems to plan, execute, and annotate finalised design files ready for development teams. This will include working within Sketch & Abstract to build out screen designs for large web & mobile projects.
- Work project teams to shape project objectives, KPIs, requirements, and a deeper understanding of the project's challenges
- Prepare for, facilitate and debrief workshops internally and externally
- Lead the user experience from discovery and conception, through design, user testing, development and deployment
- Manage your time efficiently so that quality work is achieved within project time and budget constraints
- Conduct both primary research (testing, interviews, surveys, etc), as well as secondary research (competitor analysis, industry best practice, desk research, etc)
- Represent the needs, goals, and desires of users when communicating with both internal and external teams/stakeholders
- Sketch concepts to communicate ideas
- Create user experience artefacts such as behavioural archetypes, user journeys, information architecture, and page architecture
- Use design systems to assemble views and screens for web and mobile experiences
- Liaise with the Development team to discover technical constraints and opportunities.
- Be proactive in obtaining feedback and receptive to iterations and alternatives.
- Ensure concept/design consistency across client initiatives.
- Ensure brand and design consistency on all digital projects.
- Provide energy, enthusiasm and leadership to each project.
- Document style and interactive guides.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of the principles of human-centred design
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience designing for mobile, tablet, and desktop interfaces for complex web and native app experiences
- Experience working with design and technical constraints while being able to think creatively and laterally to design appropriate solutions that push the boundaries, but are still feasible
- Comprehensive understanding of accessibility requirements
- Comfortable managing ambiguity on projects and identifying ways for clarification
- Comfortable articulating the rationale behind your design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
- Competency and confidence presenting to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Competent using Sketch, Abstract, and InVision
- Experience with other tools desirable (e.g. Omnigraffle, Principle, Flinto, Origami, Pop, Photoshop, Keynote)
- A minimum of 5 major builds
- Strong sense for design and visual language.
- Ability to adapt to and leverage emerging technologies effectively
- You must be able to commence work before the start of June 2019.
- This is a 3 month contract with a view to extend
- Day rate: $450-$500
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now via the link. Alternatively, send your CV & Portfolio to Peter Wyld on email@example.com and I will be in touch.