Our top-tiered Banking client are looking for an experienced Sybase Developer to join their Mortgages team.
- Contribute to the team's efforts of a platform upgrade by designing and building new Sybase replication systems
- Write generic shell scripts for system monitoring and repetitive tasks
- Set up backup/recovery procedures for Sybase Database Servers
- Agile development approach with a good attitude open to "pitching in" when required
- Support Testing (automation and manual) alongside Development
- Work collaboratively to understand and implement system requirements
- Solid Sybase development experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases i.e. Oracle, SQL Server
- Performance tuning database skills a plus
- Shell scripting understanding
- Java/Python development knowledge
- Platform upgrade project experience
- Cloud technologies
- Banking domain knowledge is advantageous
- Team player, collaborative approach and excellent communication skills
This is an initial 6 month contract which is likely to extend due to the project pipeline in place.
Please click Apply Now to send your CV for immediate consideration or email Jason Bidwell on email@example.com (0292705238).