The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for project managing several major digital reform projects over the full lifecycle. This includes defining the project's strategic direction and plans and effectively managing the project team, resources, stakeholders and suppliers, to deliver the required products within the constraints of time and cost. The role will also supervise other project managers who will join the team for fixed terms to manage specific projects.
On an as needs basis, the role will also provide authoritative advice, guidance and support in relation to program and project management, including continuous improvement in project management standards, governance and reporting capabilities to the senior executives and managers.
- Manage the design and delivery of complex and major systems development projects
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and practical support to the team and and the broader organisation on appropriate project management approaches, methodologies and arrangements, with a particular emphasis on the use of agile methodologies.
- Actively build the capability of the team in project management, including project implementation.
- Develop and implement systems, policies and processes of the team to ensure a coordinated and best practice approach in project management and the application of agile processes.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A proven track record in the successful delivery of complex technology-enabled reform projects in the legal, justice or social services sector, ideally within a platform-based development environment.
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience including using agile project methodologies and governance models, risk management, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and benefits management.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across a broad range of stakeholders with demonstrated ability to remain focused on delivering outcomes and gain the trust and confidence of senior managers and staff.
- Tertiary qualification in ICT, management or related field (highly desirable)
- Formally trained in project management and agile methodologies, preferably with relevant certification
**To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.**
APPLY NOW or contact Saba Khazeie on (03) 9020 1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding this role.