Are you an experienced Data Engineer with proven people leadership skills? My client wants to reward a high performing Data Engineer proficient on python and cloud who can mentor a growing team currently at 8. You will be working in a fast paced environment with growth on the horizon. Your influence in the business will be a key contributor to this growth. You will be able to put your leadership skills to use by working on a variety of projects across the industry sectors. You will draw on your cloud Architecture experience as this role can really take ownership of the Architecture and data governance.
- Immediate full time role
- South Eastern suburbs
- High performing team to manage
- Flexible working options
- Building and maintaining the data pipelines for the business.
- Being 2IC to the current Manager and mentoring the team
- Ensure the accuracy of code quality, logging, exception management and performance.
- Scope business requirements and build stakeholder relationships for the team by leveraging off existing network.
- Build reusable code, libraries, patterns and consumable frameworks for data sourcing, staging, transform, conforming and extraction
- Responsible for cloud project
You will need to have:
- Demonstrated experience working on big data tools such as Spark and Scala is essential.
- Must be proficient in python
- Proven experience in SQL, Spark or R
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (essential)
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Proven experience managing a team and holding leadership roles.
- Proven experience across data warehousing and reporting platforms
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Current full Australian working rights (no sponsorship)
This is an exciting opportunity for 2018 where you will not only draw on your technical expertise but lead a team. You will be rewarded for your effort and supported by a motivated and collaborative team. APPLY NOW and then call Donna Bowen on 03 9020 1994.