A market leader in their industry, is looking for a highly skilled and passionate Senior Android Developer to join their amazing software development team.
About this role
This role includes running detailed scoping sessions, meeting with clients to provide end-user solutions, executing these solutions and working with the latest prototypes from high-profile manufacturers in this technology, such as Glass for Enterprise by Google X.
You will have the opportunity to lead projects and work with a team of experienced software & data engineers, machine learning experts and our business development team. You will work with a variety of clients in fast-moving, mature and agile industries. This includes defence, aerospace, medical and the resource sector.
Our client utilises a multi-disciplinary approach to provide business solutions. It operates at the intersection of humans, robots and data.
You will be a team player, open and adaptable to our client's needs as well as the needs of a growing company. Our client believes in "We celebrate our wins and adopt new processes whenever we can, remaining flexible in a changing technology landscape". Since they are a small team, it is important that you listen to others, provide initiative when needed and jump in to help on the difficult, as well as simple tasks. You will thrive in a challenging environment.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years of experience developing and delivering business software solutions
- Experience in developing Android applications (Gradle, Android studio, Java)
- Experience working in or leading agile development teams
- Familiar with modern software development best practices (Git, agile, etc)
Desirable characteristics and experience (but not essential):
- Some experience leading a team of developers and/or a project, especially if multicultural or international team
- Understanding of video-conferencing and building technical solutions around this offering
- Understanding of how to build client solutions and discuss in a non-technical and open, inclusive way to different kinds of key stakeholders
- Flexible to change
- Experience working in a small team or within a startup/collaborative space