My client is a stable growing small business doing big things in the Business Intelligence space in Melbourne. They are lean and nimble and make a big impact to their clients. This role is a key player in the growth of the business by servicing existing and new clients with Business Intelligence and Reporting Solutions. This role is available due to unprecedented growth in the business.
This role requires an experienced Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI) (end to end) who has proven experience scoping client requirements and is proficient on the full MSBI Stack including Power BI. Exposure to Databricks is ideal. You will need to be adaptable and enjoy variety in your work. There will be times where you are required to work at different locations around Melbourne. It would be helpful if you have a car to drive to client sites and there may be work flexibility for the right person. There is work flexibility and a mix of remote work and at times being on client site. Your main skill must be Power BI and Data Visualisation. Projects are varied and can consist from implementing Power BI, data migration projects, optimising Power BI to other BI solutions depending on the client’s needs.
- Full time permanent role
- Variety of clients to work with
- Reputable Market Leader
- Autonomy and ownership of work
- Specialist Technical Environment
- Build meaningful Power BI reports from scratch and get quick wins for clients.
- BI Delivery – build your own ETL pipelines
- Data modelling and building star schemas
- Consult and guide clients, gather client requirements and deliver on those requirements.
- Proven experience MSBI Stack in work environment (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL, Power BI/DAX)
- Proficient ETL
- Key strength developing and building reports in a clear way (Power BI)
- Proficient Data modelling – star schema and dimensional modelling
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand and articulate what clients need when they have difficulty explaining what they want and need
- Translate technical jargon into plain English
- Must have gathering client requirement experience, ideal if you come from a Consulting or client facing roles previously but not essential