A well-known Australian SaaS provider with offices in Melbourne and in USA, has engaged us to recruit their next Head of Development! Our client has one of Melbourne's most technologically strong software development teams with a clear mission to build a very unique responsive, user-friendly web application. This tea, is constantly looking at ways to improve their customers' experience and extending their technical boundaries. You will need to be of a similar mindset!
Salary on offer: $150-200k plus super per annum
Location: Melbourne CBD
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Our client's current tech environment encompasses Elixir, Erlang, Phoenix, React & Redux & PHP. If you have experience with the same tech stack then it will count as a bonus. But if you don't, as long as you have led a successful team with a (large scale) SaaS application and you have past experience running with Agile or Kansan processes is what matters to us! What is also important for our client, is to hire somebody with past experience leading mid-size teams, and growing them e.g. from 10 to 30 for example. This is probably more important than just having managed a stable size team for some time.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met, preferably within an Agile environment
- Experience as an Agile Scrum Master or with other project frameworks such as Lean, Kanban
- Enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated with a focus on customer service
- Able to work independently, excellent personal organisation and able to demonstrate good judgment and logical thought prioritisation
- Very strong interpersonal skills including facilitation and coaching and able to lead and influence others
- Committed to the development of all team members and their continuous improvement
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view and results
- Experience in the use of tools and techniques to facilitate effective project delivery
- Exposure to all phases of software development projects including analysis, design, development and testing approaches
About this role..
This role is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the development teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
The role includes:
- Project Scoping: define project scope and schedule including deliverables, time lines etc
- Team Management: lead the talent acquisition and development while holding teams accountable for their commitments
- Product Owner Support: support the product owner(s) in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, and assist them with scope definition
- Process Management and Improvement: manage the development and release processes and continually look for ways to improve them. Provide reports as required to the rest of management.
- Team building: promote empowerment of the team and its members
You will collaborate with other business groups, demonstrate leadership abilities and have the desire to be part of a fast-growing company where you'll have the opportunity to guide the development of our products.