An award-winning Melbourne-based analytics team is looking for outstanding talent to join the team to help them transform the retail industry using data. We are growing quickly and need more Full Stack Software Developers on the team to help them migrate their platform from PHP to NodeJS.
Expected skills and experience:
- Past commercial experience NodeJS.
- Understanding of PHP.
- Understanding of AWS/Azure.
- Willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Awareness of secure coding best practices and experience following them.
- Self-motivated approach and ability to take initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency with Git.
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Exposure to Bigdata and real-time processing and retrieval.
- Experience using testing frameworks.
- Experience with test driven development (TDD).
- Experience working within an Agile software development team
- Database design and development.
- Development of self-testing code.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Migrating existing features to new tech stack with improvements;
- Translating business goals into technical requirements and using a high degree of specialist knowledge, provide technical recommendations to achieve the business goals
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to identify business requirements and organisational priorities for web-based systems.
- Liaising closely with other team members to communicate about and utilise existing back end systems or micro-services;
- Developing a maintenance plan for the core web-based systems and oversee the ongoing technical work needed to implement this plan.
- Advising and mentoring other developers within the online technical development stream.
- Provisioning of high level organisational and administrative leadership including review and evaluation of technology, team capability and/or services.
Key values we are looking for are:
- Making a difference.
- Delivering quality.
- Focusing on detail.
- Willing to constantly learn.
Being a rapidly growing team that's expanding globally, the work environment is very dynamic, and projects can be intensely challenging. But if you care about working hard and seeing your efforts make an immediate difference in the real world, this is the place you'll want to be.
Salary on offer: $70-110k plus super (based on experience).