Our client is an Aussie known Brand delivering a quality service across the Nation. This role is integral in building out the data capability Nationally. This role sits within a broader Data Function to design and build the Data Engineering practice. You will need to draw on your solution design experience to implement “Best Practice” and policies in how the Data Engineering function needs to be set up and maintained.
- Green Field Data Engineer Practice
- Clear leadership
- New Tech & Cloud – AWS & Snowflake
- You will be responsible for the design and set up of the Data Engineering function
- Define best practice and policies to get things established
- Maintain and productionise models (data modelling)
- You will initially be working independently getting things running before you build out a team. Must be able to be hands on initially.
- Bring together a multitude of data sources together
You will need:
- A relevant Tertiary Qualification such as IT/Maths/Stats or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in a Teach Lead/Team Leader of Data Engineering Manager role previously
- Must be proficient in cloud DW and setting up a data engineering function in cloud
- Must be proficient in data modelling as this is a leadership AND hands on role
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Proficient in working in ambiguous environments
This role is suitable for someone who has been in a Tech Lead role or previously set up a cloud DW. You will get to take ownership of the Data Engineering Practice while still being hands on. If you are someone who wants team management down the track this a step in the right direction. APPLY NOW.