Our client is a leading provider for online services. Our client is seeking a self-motivated, personable and technical Data Engineer to develop and maintain the data pipeline, applying data governance best practice and prepare the data for the Data Science team. You will be operationalising the data pipelines and data products in a scalable cloud environment. The key element of this role is manipulating data, having a willingness to learn and staying calm under pressure. You will be backed my management and encouraged to learn new tech and develop your skillset.
- Permanent full time role
- Excellent learning opportunities
- Fantastic collaborative culture
- Sole ownership of the role
- Melbourne CBD location
- You will be building and maintaining the data pipeline for the business
- Building the data catalogue for the business to get a clear picture where the data is in their environment, what controls need to be applied, who owns it and where it is in the pipeline.
- Develop and implement the data governance framework
- Clean and capture data
- Liaise with internal stakeholder to gather requirements and deliver using a data solution.
- Work in AWS cloud environment
- Pulling data from Snowflake data warehouse
You will need:
- IT Degree based in Engineering, Statistics or a related field
- Self-motivated and drives own work
- Excellent clear communication skills with a "can do" attitude
- Proven work experience with (Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, ETL, Reporting concepts etc).
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Databases, SAS or Tableau.
- Cloud platform experience (Amazon Web Services preferred)
- Data Warehousing experience
- Strong mathematical or statistical background for data analysis and algorithms
- Ability to work with large scale, complex, poorly documented and sometimes incomplete data.
- At least 2 core languages. Python and SQL are essential
You will have an opportunity to learn new things, work with the latest technology, and solve problems with your data wrangling ability, flexible and mature working environment and a supportive Manager.
If you meet the above requirements please APPLY NOW. We are moving quickly.