This client is in the Essential Services sector providing one of the most necessary and sustainable services we all benefit from. You will be working in a cloud environment working on the latest tech – Azure and Databricks. The team is close-knit, passionate about data and getting things done. This is a Junior to mid-level role and you will architect, design, and implement data pipelines, support the productionisation of predictive analysis and complex modeling. You will play a significant role in delivering and implementing solutions across the company.
- 12 month FTC
- Green field Data Environment
- Cloud Technology – Azure and Databricks, Pyspark
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines in Azure eco-system – Azure Storage, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Server, Synapse.
- Improve performance and decision making across all departments of the business by developing analytics and reporting solutions
- Liaise with solutions architects, data analysts, DataOps, business analysts, data scientists and other developers to ensure all deliveries are supported by the correct architectural implementation.
- Provide informed advice and guidance on data quality-related activities.
- Comply with the procedures and processes used within the Data & Analytics team, ensuring all work undertaken is executed consistently and professionally.
- Responsible for business analysis, information analysis, data extraction, loading and transformation (ETL/ELT), data modelling, data cube development, report development, user training and documentation
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in IT/Maths/Stats/Engineering or relevant commercial experience
- Demonstrated experience in SQL, GIT and Python (PySpark, pandas and dataframes); Experience with XML, JSON and unstructured data sources Demonstrated experience in a technical BA role or a Data role that requires talking to stakeholders
- DataLake & EDW methodologies; Data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design
- Azure eco-system and software stack – PowerBI, ADF, Databricks(Apache Spark), Synapse, SQL Server, DevOps
- Understanding of CI/CD under TDD; GIT
- ERD and Dimensional Modelling; Skill in data modelling and in designing Data Vaults and/or Kimball-based data models
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (client requirement gathering)
- Please note no sponsorship available – Must have full Australian working rights
This is an excellent opportunity to put your commercial acumen and data analytics skill set to good use. This role is the right mix of technical and team engagement. In terms of career progression, you will be working with some of the Industry’s best and encouraged and supported to be your best. APPLY NOW!