Our client is currently going through a transformation change in the way they look at and use their data. This role is looking after a team that services the reporting and analytics function for 2 Divisions within the organisation. Your team will be working on a hybrid cloud model until the organisation is fully migrated into Azure. This role will require you to be hands on at times and code in SQL and other times manage relationships with vendors while you mentor your team. This is a hands on manager role. Exposure to BI Architecture would be a bonus but not essential. It is essential you have Health or Government Industry experience to be considered for this role. The key element of this role is uplifting the current team's capability by mentoring, providing direction and supporting them to deliver what they need to.
- Full time permanent role
- Immediate Start
- Melbourne CBD
- Excellent team culture
- New Tech – Azure
- Manage a team of 6 technical Analysts and Business Intelligence Developers
- Manage the relationship with vendors and hold them to agreed timelines and outcomes
- Stakeholder Management internally across the business
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of data analytics, reporting and business intelligence
- At times be hands on and guide team members to develop reporting in Power BI on Azure
- Developing conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Build Power BI dashboards from scratch
- Deploy data governance best practice
- Demonstrated experience within the Health or Education or Aged Care or Essential Services Industry sector.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, IT or related discipline.
- Proven team management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Must have the ability to be hands on with MSBI Stack
- Demonstrated background developing solutions using PowerBI, MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Kimball, Tabular Modelling, preference is experience coding in C#, Sequel experience
- Data Warehousing experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven decision making ability under pressure
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal communication, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
If you meet the above requirements and are available now please APPLY NOW.