We are recruiting an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader within the freight & logistics as a Distribution Centre Manager. Located in Prestons, this role will have you managing a state of the art Distribution Centre with up to 120 staff.
Reporting into the National Distribution Centre Manager, this role will allow you to challenge your skills and give you the opportunity to build a legacy within a large organisation.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Proactively support, mentor and manage a team of 10 direct reports
- Create, develop and implement quantifiable KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure despatch meets set Service Level Agreements
- Maximise profitability whilst ensuring that customer service is a key area of focus
- Promote a collaborative working environment through supportive management and displaying leadership
- Set and track budgets for operational functions (labour costs, equipment etc.) and efficiencies
- Attend regular customer meetings to review productivity and process improvements
- Supervise/conduct inventory reviews
What we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of distribution/route scheduling
- Previous experience in budgeting, financial reporting and costing
- Strong people management skills with the ability to mentor and support, and navigate through ambiguity
- A robust and pragmatic leader who can get the best out of their team
- Strong customer focus with open and clear communication skills
- Project Management experience
- Sound understanding of the full supply chain management cycle with the confidence to capitalise on commercial opportunities
- Solid background Workplace Health & Safety with the ability to set and manage standards and performance expectations
- A permanent opportunity with an industry leader
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- An opportunity to colour the canvas and make your mark within the wider business
- A state of the art distribution centre
- Supportive management with good leadership skills to get you where you want to be
This opportunity is immediately available for the right candidate, so do not delay your application!
Apply now or send a copy of your most up to date resume to email@example.com.