Payments Systems Application Support and development. 6 month contract to extend, Sydney CBD, A-List client in IT in finance.
- A mindset that is acutely aware that software changes can mean disaster if not executed correctly.
- Experience supporting operationally critical systems
- A skill set spanning the full suite of tech skills required to support enterprise grade applications.
- Be ethically strong, methodical, through, really understand Software lifecycle
- Long contract to extend well into 2020
- In a business facing team providing high level software support to systems used in the operations of a financial services business.
- Person with strong ability to work across the full suite of tech skills required to support an application.
- Further to this work with Data and Data lakes, running analytics across the top of that data.
- Be thorough in testing out all the changes in a preproduction environment and support deployments.
Platform teams, security, infra, users, vendors.
- Support a production critical system which is SWIFT Payments. Including SWIFT Alliance software (3rd party)., SWIFT gateways (network connected devices).
- Know network terminology, how the environment hangs together (inc. Security) - security concepts.
- You will be installing the SWIFT software and ensuring everything is run correctly.
Note: Swift Payments is not required. Payments technology experience is very well regarded.
- Java is the house language.
- New projects and using data better: Build data pools and applications.
- SWIFT and a number of client own applications in a variety of languages.
You will be providing high level support to a number of own built systems and vendor systems. Specifically the SWIFT Payments Gateway technology - note SWIFT experience is not essential however, payments systems and a mindset incredibly aware of the risk associated with changes to these systems is absolutely vital.
- Whole SWIFT env has been upgraded last year.
- No tech obsolescence.
- Mature, team front line payment operations systems. Key systems driving the banks financial ops.
SOFT SKILLS: Be ethically strong, methodical, through, really understand Software lifecycle
GOAL : Keep the whole environment up to date on all levels.
In conclusion you have...
- 5-10 years experience supporting critical business applications
- Java coding skills.
- Support experience including security upgrades, patch deployment.
- Support across the network including routing and configuration and MQ.
- Some payments systems experience.
- An acute awareness of risk in systems.
Please apply for the role via the website. This role is posted by Jason Bidwell of Sirius Technology.