We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation within the freight & logistics industry as an Administration Team Leader located in Villawood. Supporting the Customer Service Manager, this role will have you assisting in the day to day running of a small team responsible for customer service and despatch administration of domestic freight, and will be well suited to those with a background in internal sales, order processing, and of course freight & logistics.
Joining a close-knit and supportive team, this immediate start opportunity is located in the Villawood area and will give you the opportunity to grow and develop within a large organisation.
The successful candidate must have a car, and pass a medical & police check in order to be successful.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for internal departments within the business
- Supervise and mentor the team to ensure individual and team KPI's are met
- Handling internal and external customer enquiries via telephone and email
- Prompt investigation of shipping enquiries until resolved
- Acting as a point of contact for customer escalations
- Prepare service level reports for management
- Ensure all costings/revenue data is accurate for weekly posting
- Ensure all shipments are compliant with policies and procedures
- Ensure the team are compliant with OH&S safety procedures
What we are looking for:
- A proactive and self sufficient approach to work
- Previous experience in managing/supervising a small team
- Strong people management skills
- The ability to drive a team to meet set KPI's
- Someone who is looking for a long standing career
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- First rate customer service skills and the ability to resolve conflict
- Previous experience within freight & logistics or FMCG
- A hard worker with a high level of professionalism and integrity
What's in it for you?
- A permanent opportunity to kick-start your career within a large organisation
- Opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- Standard working hours (8 am - 5 pm, 9 am - 6 pm)
- Full training on the companies systems and processes
- The opportunity manage support and develop a small team
- The chance to work with a company with strong values that appreciate hard work
This is an immediate start position, so do not delay - APPLY NOW!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the position.