The production support department provides support for all aspects of IT including application and operational support for web- based trading platforms. This position is responsible for root cause analysis and resolving issues escalated from the Trading Application Support team. Management and prevention of incidents throughout their life-cycle is the focus of this role and you will be expected to minimise the impact of incidents. The position also involves delivering service improvement projects to both the business and applications software.
- Take ownership of live operational service issues and drive their resolution
- Manage enhancement projects for existing enterprise software
- Manage and review problems throughout their life-cycle
- Liaise with external vendors to implement ‘best practice’ policies, resolve issues and manage software updates to the latest stable versions
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills for Automation
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience of supporting .Net applications
- (ITIL) Service management framework (incident, problem, change management).
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Jira, Geneos or AppDynamics
- Knowledge of Market Data such as TREP, Tibco Rendezvous and OneTick
- Experience of working within the financial industry
- Technical degree