You will be working with a high performing technical team. You will be an integral part in enhancing the data engineering capability. If you have exposure to snowflake and matillion this will be beneficial but not essential.
- Immediate full-time role
- Melbourne CBD
- High performing team
- Cool Tech – AWS/Snowflake/Matillion
- Lead the technical team from a technical perspective to streamline and automate the data processes and in providing a scalable cloud solution (AWS)
- Design, building and maintaining the data pipelines for the business (ETL) in AWS
- Be responsible for best practice in legacy systems, SQL and # (transformation)
- Ensure the accuracy of code quality, logging, exception management and performance.
- Be responsible for the data modelling, data mining and statistical skills for the descriptive profiling, segmentation, predicative models for the purpose of answering business questions
- Build internal relationships with stakeholders and translate their business requirements into a technical requirement
- Build reusable code, libraries, patterns and consumable frameworks for data sourcing, staging, transform, conforming and extraction
- Automation testing and deployment
- Guide, support and mentor junior team members
You will need to have:
- Bachelor of IT/Engineering or relevant/equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in a Technical Lead/Team/Leader role
- Proficient commercial experiences with Python and PySpark (and/or C#, C++)
- Must be proficient in AWS
- Proven experience in SQL, NoSQL and ETL
- Ideal but not essential experieince with Matillion and Snowflake
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (essential)
- Proven experience across data warehousing and reporting platforms
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Current full Australian working rights (no sponsorship)
This client has great tenure with its current employees due to excellent work perks such as bonus structure, flexibility and leave.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and Technical Lead Data Engineer. You will be supported by a motivated, professional and collaborative team. APPLY NOW. Reviewing applications as they come through.