Our client, who is a well-regarded financial services organisation, is looking to hire an experienced Applications Engineer who has a strong interest in Cloud and DevOps to join their Melbourne team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the support of the organisation’s existing application stack, as well as the implementation and deployment of new applications and upgrades that are being developed into their environment.
Most of the applications are custom built, but don’t worry you will be given the opportunity to learn their application stack and business rules on the job.
Ideally you will need to be someone who is able to see how the whole jigsaw puzzle fits together, and an understand the full software development lifecycle. The rest will just fit into place.
This is a role which will see you provide support and mentorship to 2-3 team members, acting as a point of escalation for major issues.
- To be successfully shortlisted, you must demonstrate the following experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience in application support and development
- Extensive experience in software delivery, deployment and implementation of new applications development, as well as support of existing application stack.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
- Extensive experience of Microsoft SQL Server; SQL, Stored Procedures and scripting
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and infrastructure as a code, applied with configuration management, automation, and orchestration tools such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Ability to script using Powershell
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps environment
Things that would be desirable are:
- Experience in Azure DevOps
- Azure Pipeline configuration (Build & Release)
- Azure Cloud planning and managing solutions
Please submit your details through to us and we will be in touch to discuss this opportunity.
Sirius Technology specialise in IT Recruitment across Melbourne. If you are interested in this role, please apply and reach out to Steven Chung or Asmita Govind for a confidential chat.