- South Eastern Suburbs
- Perm full time
- Microsoft Engineers
Our client who is a leading organisation within their industry is looking to engage a Senior Systems Engineer with extensive experience in supporting Microsoft infrastructure technologies to join their high performing and happy IT support team based in Melbourne’s South East.
On offer is a permanent position within a collaborative environment, which offers great opportunity to add value and grow, with the view of developing the position into a team lead / 2IC.
The team supports 500 servers and more than 30 virtual environments. With a list of projects growing they are ready to get some more people in to help with the work load.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, a self starter that can work autonomous with minimal supervision or directions.
- Identifying and troubleshooting level 3 + system problems
- Troubleshooting, installing, configuring, building, maintaining, and securing Microsoft infrastructure.
- Assisting in supervising and mentoring the Desktop Support Specialists ensuring allocated tasks are performed efficiently and accurately within the set timeframes.
- Assisting the Infrastructure Lead / Manager to drive and deliver IT projects and new initiatives to support the implementation of business and IT strategies.
- Developing documentation and manuals in line with the current IT strategy, maintain IT databases and knowledge base articles / banks as required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role , ideally in a corporate / enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft server platforms covering 2012 - 2019, including Exchange 2016 and SQL 2014/16.
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of deploying and managing Cisco
- Knowledge of managing VMWare / Hyper-V environments, including modern backup solutions.
- Knowledge in automation tools such as PowerShell & managing SCCM, including software deployment and the development of standard operating environments.
- Experience in following ITIL processes.
- Microsoft certifications advantageous
If you are interested in this position please do submit your resume through to us today - short-listing is in process.
There are high volumes of applications coming through at the moment, so to ensure your application doesn't get missed we are requesting applications are submitted via the job boards.
If you have any specific questions about this role please do contact Asmita Govind or Steven Chung