Our client who is a Federal government agency is looking for an IT Project Manager with proven experience with working on RFT/Bid/Tender to join them on an inital 6 month contract working on a large multi-year IT transformation program of their enterprise applications.
In this role, you will be part of a project team that is currently about to enter the Request to Tender (RFT) stage, where you will work closely with the procurement team in going out to market for tenders from vendors for applications / softwares, in an effort to evaluate and select off-the-shelves solutions that can be customised.
You will work with both the business as well as IT throughout this process, taking it from cradle to grave, all the way up to implementation stage.
- Project manage a Request for Tender (RFT) process
- Run and oversee the projects
- Run project meetings
- Prepare agendas
- Effectively apply appropriate project management tools
- Proactive approach
- Prepare contracts and briefing papers
- Budget management
- Prior experience as a Project Manager running projects going out to market for tender/bids through an RFT process
- Experiece with working with vendors for an RFT process
- Experience with working on IT transformation project, applications projects preferred
- Experience with dealing with business and IT stakeholders
- Maintain project timelines
- Exceptional organisational ability
- Ability to think strategically and seek answers to complex problems
- Background in providing high quality advice
- Federal or state Government experience a nice to have
- Baseline clearance a huge advantage
- Australian citizenship mandatory