Our client who is an Australian Federal Government agency is seeking the services of a Linux System Engineer to join their infrastructure team on an initial 5 month contract, with the likelihood of extensions.
In this role, you will be responsible for mamging their Linux systems through maintaining, managing and deploying components across their Linux environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer working with Linux and related technology stack
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- RedHat Ansible
- RedHat Integration platform
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience developing and documenting operating systems SOEs
- Expereince developing platform hardening best practices
- Experience working collaboratively with networking, compute and storage engineers, security engineers and architects to coordinate deployment and management of components
- Experience with Ansible automation and management stack
- Experience developing platform hardening best practices
- Experience working collaboratively in a heterogenous environment with complimentary and sometimes competing technology stacks
- Experience working with vendors and internal resources to ensure delivery of solutions meets requirements.
- Ability to create detailed technical documentation (e.g. as-built documents, operational handover documents, support guides, operating standards)
- Australian citizenship mandatory