Our client, who is a Federal Government Agency, that is currently embarking on a large IT transformational rrogram of work, is looking to engage a Solution Architect with a strong Data Migration background to join their project team.
You will be part of a project that is responsible for establishing and building new data platforms, looking at data handling processes, migration of a range of key data sets whilst ensuring that both legacy processes and target platform applications and processes are operating consistently until cutover is complete.
The ideal canddate will be someone who is able to demonstrate in data migration planning and design to play a leading role in driving out the detail needed to securely and confidently migrate critical data sets, and being able to confidently communicate such plans to key business stakeholders. You will need to show previous experience with migration environments and will be expected to be hands-on when it is called for.
- Identify and articulate data migration approaches for various data sets in detail
- Define approaches and requirements for trial migrations.
- Define security controls necessary to securely perform migrations
- Define extract transform load workloads and trial migration environments
- Define migration quality and validation processes
- Assist with defining migration plans and execution steps.
- Oversee and conform that migration processes, environments and technology are being correctly implemented.
- 5+ years experience as a Solution Architect in enterprise environemnt
- Data Migration Experience – ability to identify the optimal approaches and articulate the detail of data migrations
- Data Validation - Experience with a range of techniques for validation migrated data
- ETL – Experience with a range of ETL techniques used in the data migration context, including the various tool available for Oracle and/or Postgres
- Good understanding of Oracle and/or Postgres database technology
- Environment – definition. Experience in defining and facilitating the establishment of the additional environment requirements of data migration.
- Experience in defining and coordinating key technical resources during migrations and cutovers.
- Non-functional requirements definition – ability to define, especially security and performance requirements for migrations.
- Estimating – able to define estimating frameworks, then execute estimates for technical components of solutions.
- Technical project definition – able to assist project managers to define project plans.
- Ability to understand end goals and work backwards to define and carry out technical tasks to achieve the goals.
- Technical consulting background
- Australian citizen due to NV1 security clearance requirements
Sirius Technology specialise in IT Recruitment. If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Steven Chung for a confidential discussion.