Our client, who is a Federal Government Agency, is looking to engage an IT Security Specialist with a strong background in Penetration Testing to join their SOC team to work on a large IT transformation program.
This is an exciting role which offers the opportunity to be involved with security testing (penetration testing) as well as doing some consulting , as you would be advising both the project teams and senior business stakeholders on risk mitigation of security risks within the organisations’s infrastructure, web and mobile applications.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing penetration testing services, code reviews, and cloud security reviews for applications and systems to identify vulnerabilities and minimise risk to the organisation
- Perform vulnerability scans, reviewing and prioritising findings
- Verify that necessary security controls are in place
- Advise on risk exposure and mitigation strategies to ensure stakeholders understand how the vulnerabilities can be resolved
- Provide in-depth advice on application hardening
- Define test scopes, review testing results, write reports and provide recommendations
- Ability to work closely with other security testers, security architects and SME’s, project managers, enterprise architects, solution architects, and operations teams
- 5+ years experience across the security landscape
- Great understanding of IT security principles, practices and industry standards
- Penetration Testing across infrastructure, web and mobile applications
- Performing Cloud Security Audits and assessments
- performing code reviews and interpreting code scanning findings
- performing vulnerability scannings
- Understanding of OWASP, OSSTMM and CIS
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Writing penetration testing and risk report
- Australian citizen due to NV1 security clearance requirements
Sirius Technology specialise in IT Recruitment. If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Steven Chung for a confidential discussion.