Global investment bank have a contract opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to work in a fast-paced trading environment on a wide variety of financial products. You must have strong communication skills as you will be working with many different teams across both the business and tech. You will be working with developers to debug issues and find root causes so some experience with coding is required, ideally in Java. You will make an impact by resolving issues efficiently, managing incidents and identifying recurring issues and help train new users and developers by creating clear and concise documentation for applications and processes.
In this particular case, we are looking for somebody to support the FX business.
Role and responsibilities:
- Help users to quickly resolve issue
- Create user documentation for applications and processes
- Create run books for faster issue resolution
- Debug code and determine where changes need to be made to resolve root causes
- Manage support tickets to track recurring issues and support cost
- Perform start of day checks to ensure that systems are operational before the trading day starts
- Execute BCPs to ensure that backup plans are up to date
- 3+ years of support experience and incident management
- Experience with Java
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange)
- Experience Python/C++
This is an urgent role to start ASAP so please apply now or call me for further information.