Global investment bank have 2 permanent opportunities for application support analyst's to work on incident management for trading floor equities production. This will suit a versatile support analyst strong in Linux and SQL with shell scripting skills. Ideally you would have spent some time in development role before moving into dedicated application support. Strong communication skills will also be essential for liaising with developers and traders.
- Proactive management of production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Support services before go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortem
- Identify and build improvements to system, control and monitoring tools.
- Lead projects that continue to improve the availability, stability and performance of the system (eg. Disaster recovery, stress/capacity and exchange testing)
- Help plan and execute new releases of software with development teams.
- The Asia Pac team is spread across Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China and India. The role requires working as part of the larger global team and collaboratively working with counterparts across the region on both local and global initiatives.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years technology experience in a commercial environment
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Experience supporting applications in a Linux or Unix environment, with sound knowledge incident and release management process
- Previous experience in a software development role, strong SQL
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective
- Ability to multi-task and be effective working in a fast paced environment
- Interests in financial markets knowledge and an aptitude to learn
Please apply now or contact me for more detail on these outstanding permanent opportunities.