This role would suit someone who is dynamic and driven by success and leadership. This is a unique opportunity to join a family owned company and play a key role in its growth. The right person will enjoy rolling their sleeves up and be rewarded for their efforts. There are opportunities to develop and progress further in the company.
This role we see you undertake the following duties, but also not be limited to:
- Leading a team across different sections of the operation, with a total headcount of about 15.
- Manage the operation with the full operational and budgetary accountability, and have the autonomy to make decisions and align value add opportunities to the overall business direction.
- Manage an efficient and effective plant and have the ability to set up the correct leadership structure to support planned business growth.
- Value adding to the business direction, and closely working with the business owners, the board, the CEO and the customers.
- Manage costs, lead the team and drive the continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Take ownership, drive and influence the operational excellence and team productivity for delivery.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong leadership skills with proven record for leading large scale operational teams
- Sound decision-making capability, problem-solving and analytical ability
- Demonstrated competency in budgeting, forecasting and planning, profit and loss management to maximize financial performance
- Effective listening, communication and negotiating skills
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation/public speaking skills
- Able to read, analyse and interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Proven history developing and implementing incentive plans to increase sales and improve profitability
- Demonstrated success managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning
- Knowledge in Continuous Improvement & Lean Manufacturing concepts is preferred
This is a large business that is dramatically growing here in Australia and career development opportunities will certainly be available for standout staff! If this role sounds of interest please click the apply now button and submit your resume.