Are you an experienced Senior Data Engineer with proven people management skills? You will be responsible for designing the Data Engineering practice and providing a recommendation to the business with how to build and manage data pipelines within a complex national business.
- January start
- Melbourne western suburbs
- Greenfield Project – solution designing
- Make your mark on the organisation
- Design end solution in snowflake & AWS - Sourcing from S3 repository with power BI over the top.
- Needs to understand the movement of data across an organisation - a part of building and maintaining the data warehouse,
- Data vault, modelling experience is preferable
- You will need to understand the standards and processes in how they build out brand new DW and also be ‘hands on’ the tools.
- Ensure the accuracy of code quality, logging, exception management and performance.
- You will need to work to data governance standards
- Scope client requirements and build stakeholder relationships for the team by leveraging off existing network.
- Build reusable code, libraries, patterns and consumable frameworks for data sourcing, staging, transform, conforming and extraction
- Unit Testing and deployment into SIT & Production
You will need to have:
- Must have experience on AWS. Snowflake is preferred but not essential
- Dimensional modelling is essential. Data vault preferred
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Proven experience managing a team and holding leadership roles.
- Proven experience across data warehousing and reporting platforms
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Current full Australian working rights (no sponsorship)
You will work alongside the Manager to build the new landscape of how the data is managed within the organisation. You must have done this previously. Please APPLY now.