The Client is a major player in the Utilities Sector and is about to go through a full IT transformation.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical project manager with demonstrated experience delivering Infrastructure-focused projects within the Energy Sector to join their team on an intial 12-month fixed term contract basis.
The Technical Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of projects safely, within budget and to agreed timelines and quality
- Support the works management function within the company including works processes, systems, resource requirements and project methodologies
- Proactively manage customers and stakeholders such as utilities, developers, consultants and contractors
- Performing project related risk identification, assessment and mitigation plans
- Site visits, inspections and procurement of materials and equipment
- Support and grow the delivery of new business opportunities and innovations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in infrastructure, BAU and project management. Experience is required from a technical background rather than a business background
- Exposure too Gas, Electricity or Utilities Sector is A MUST
- A solid understanding of the principles and practices associated with the testing of information technology projects.
- Understanding of and experience in Software Development Life Cycles, including Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Experience with on-prem server architecture, including Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, VMWare, Storage solutions, networks, etc, including delivery of alerting, monitoring, security standards and other services as per expectations for IT infrastructure solutions
- Experience with cloud technologies, particularly the Microsoft stack hosted in Azure (including CosmosDB, Databricks, kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with site failover capabilities, strategies to fail over and testing these scenarios
- Experience performance testing E2E solutions from a networking perspective
- Understanding of relational databases, NoSQL databases and client server applications
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop employees, appreciating their concerns while driving results for the program
- Able to write and review technical documentation and present program status reports to program management.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of organisation, coordination and communication with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels and to make prompt reliable decisions within bounds of allocated responsibility
- Understanding of gas/electricity market business processes is
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Certification in ITIL or equivalent ITSM qualification
- Certification in SaFE, Prince 2, or equivalent project / program management qualification
Sirius Technology specialises in IT. If you are interested in this role, or any IT related opportunities, please apply or contact Caspar Woensdregt for a confidential discussion on (03) 9020 1986.