As Product Owner you’ll be responsible to steer the engineering team and ensure the work they complete is of the highest impact to the business. You'll be an excellent communicator, be close to the ground but always have the big in mind! You’ll understand the business need for the features you’re championing, and convey this with your excellent communication skills, aligning and empowering the engineering team. Above all, you’re someone who enjoys a challenge and gets great satisfaction from seeing a project through from inception to launch.
Your day to day tasks will be...
- You’ll be planning deliverables with the Engineering team, and defining how their success will be measured; ensuring that they have all the resources they need.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the work set to the Engineering team is offering the highest impact to the business
- Ensuring that the Product Development Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to the rest of the company; and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next.
- You’ll be helping to refine our agile methodology based on results, sprint retrospects and client feedback.
- Ensuring the Engineering Team understands items in the Product Development Backlog to the level needed.
- You’ll be an end-user advocate, through having a deep understanding of the different users’ needs
- Developing user stories and defining acceptance criteria. Planning deliverables and product launches, working closely with Customer Success and Marketing
- You’ll be scoping the complexity of building new features and understanding how these features will impact different areas departments of the business.
- Defining and analysing product KPIs (analytics) to suggest improvements or new features
- You’ll be involved with the rest of the Product team. Conducting market research and customer/users interviews, gathering feedback, developing user stories and personas, and helping form the company roadmap in order to achieve our long-term mission.
This might be for you if…
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner or similar role in a startup preferred
- You have hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Bonus points if you have a technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Agile product development process experience
- You love to solve problems creatively, drawing on excellent knowledge of UI/UX methodologies, trends, and technologies