Global investment bank is looking for a Senior Java developer to work on a strategic global platform to deploy via cloud services to their wide customer base.
The ideal candidate would have experience in building enterprise scale distributed system that are fast, accurate and highly reliable, deployed to Cloud. You will need strong commercial experience in Java 7/8 and Python. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who are self starters and able to work autonomously with distributed teams and stakeholders.
Previous experience in:
- Scalable on-demand platforms for external clients, deploy-able on public cloud platforms
- Strong hands on development skills in Java 7/8 and Python (essential)
- Track record of deploying services to any cloud platform, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience of working on global projects with globally distributed teams
- Proactively engaging with stakeholders throughout the SDLC of the projects
- Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB or Elastic
- Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in debugging distribution systems