Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Salary:||$1000 - $1200 per day|
|Contact Name:||Caspar Woensdregt|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2019 10:08|
Our client is a large national organisation in the utilities and energy industry with a lot of projects open at the moment including business & digital transformations, and development and implementation of industry changes.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for multiple Senior IT project managers to support the team on initial 6 month contracts (with possible extensions). We are looking for Project Managers with demonstrated experience in delivering both Infrastructure and Applications focused projects. Ideally within the Utilities Industry.
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for:
• Planning, orchestrating, and delivering strategic initiatives.
• Directly managing all aspects of project life-cycle and working effectively with business partners to oversee all phases of a project.
• Management and control of projects and ancillary activities to ensure that benefit and scope commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
• Management of multiple projects simultaneously involving complex technical aspects
• Engaging multiple internal and external parties as required for Projects.
• Prepare and manage project budgets and financial forecasts including ongoing reconciliation of labour and other project expenditures.
• Resource management in geographically diverse, matrix organisation.
• Provide regular status reports, communications and advice on the project schedule, financials, risks, and issues to sponsors, project team and stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain project documentation, procedures, policies, controls, and ensure governance arrangements are followed to facilitate the achievement of key milestones within the project.
• Escalate issues and risks through appropriate channels where required after identifying options and undertaking analysis.
To be successful for the role you will need:
• Previous experience in a similar role working with a large enterprise organisation
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the business – Executive Stakeholders to users
• Experience in managing and working across complex end-to-end projects (through the entire lifecycle)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with waterfall and agile delivery frameworks
• Experience and familiarity with software development lifecycle, and delivery of business solutions
• Understanding of key commercial issues impacting IT and or infrastructure projects
• Experience in manage geographically dispersed teams, with proven skills in translating strategies into priorities and actionable plans
• Previous Utilities industry experience is an advantage
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager looking for a new challenge. Interviews are being scheduled now so please be sure to submit your application today.
Sirius Technology specialises in IT. If you are interested in this role, or any IT related opportunities, please apply or contact Caspar Woensdregt for a confidential discussion on (03) 9020 1986.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - Digital Agency
Offer on experience
Project Co-Ordinator - Digital Agency
Offer on experience
Senior .Net Developer
$130000 - $150000 per annum
Senior Front End Developer
$120000 - $150000 per annum, Benefits: + super
Senior Salesforce Developer
$800 - $900 per day