Our client who is an industry leader within the energy and utilities sector is looking to hire a Senior Program Manager to join their team based in Melbourne.
In this role you will be responsible for some of their key programs. You will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of programs end-to-end, that has an array of highly complex IT and business change components, with hard delivery deadlines in place.
This role will have a large scope of work, and will have a high number of ‘moving pieces’ with a level of ambiguity, and you will be tasked with managing this workload and having a reporting line to the head of PMO to ensure the program runs as seamless and efficiently as possible, and meet the agreed objectives and time frames.
You will manage project managers and vendors to ensure all deadlines and road maps are adhered to, and lead people through the implementation process from start to finish.
To be successful in this role, you will be a strategic thinker, with the ability to analyse, isolate and interpret problems, and then develop effective solutions for the issues.
You will possess exceptional strong and well-rounded project / program management skills, harnessing a multitude of delivery methodologies that allow you to flex and navigate through to produce business outcomes.
We are looking for a real leader, someone that has the ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve greater results, and be delivery and deadline focused.
You will present with previous vendor management experience, and be able to ‘deep dive’ in the detail when required to ensure the highest accuracy of work.
- Provide project scope, definitions objectives and deliverable in line with business requirements;
- Create and maintain project schedules and developing resource plan;
- Manage a number of key program projects from inception to delivery, tracking project health, timelines and deliverables, overcoming challenges, managing expectations and driving key outcomes for each piece of work;
- Identifying, managing and reporting project dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues;
- Engage working with third party partners and vendors where required to scope, develop and deliver appropriate solutions.
- At least 10 years Project Management experience and experience as a Program Manager
- Previous utilities and energy sector experience
- Strong understanding of Agile practices, trends, tools and techniques, and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organisation;
- Strong core Program Management skills across delivery, governance, budgeting, resource allocation etc;
- Strong management and engagement skills;
- Relevant Agile or Project Manager Certification.
Sirius Technology specialise in IT. If you are interested in this role, or any IT related opportunities, please apply or contact Steven Chung 03 9020 1965.