We are looking for an experienced freelance front-end developer to join our team!
The contract is an immediate start for 3 months with a potential to extend.
All applicants to have solid Australian market experience and be Sydney based to work on-site in our agency.
Working within the development team you will be leveraging the latest tools and techniques to create engaging, performant front end solutions for many of our key clients. The successful applicant will have a demonstrable track record in front end delivery on a range of applications, a good eye for design, and a passion for delivering the best possible digital experiences.
- Working closely with the creative team to bring award-winning designs to life through the use of modern front-end web technologies
- Collaborating with other members of the development team on the integration of front end solutions into back end systems and wider digital ecosystems
- Assisting with the planning and estimation of front end aspects of digital projects, and ensuring work is completed within the estimates given
- Liaising with the Quality Assurance team to ensure high quality end products
- Continue to foster a culture of fun, commitment and learning
- Extensive experience of front end development and the delivery of digital projects
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop/Sketch and creating accurate implementations of HTML/CSS from .psd/sketch files
- Good understanding of usability, accessibility and cross browser compatibility issues
- Previous exposure to Front End development for CMS platforms such as Drupal, Wordpress and Sitecore
- Strong educational background in computer science or related fields
A team player that is always willing to help and takes pride in producing the best outcome for the client at every step of the way
Skills - Mandatory
- Excellent HTML, CSS/SASS skills
- React/Redux experience
- Advanced knowledge of google maps and locations APIs to create custom map experiences
- Familiarity with templating languages such as Handlebars and Twig
- Good understanding of task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM scripts
- Good understanding in Git version control
- Good understanding in automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with project managers and clients
- Ability to manage time for efficient delivery of work
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
- Understanding of event-driven programming paradigm