In today's software delivery environment, everyone in an agile team is responsible for testing outcomes, not just the QA's or QA manager.
We expect the role of a QA Lead / Manager / Coach to be that of a support and capability lead role. Including helping with training, facilitating and consulting other QAs and other team members and to ensure QA best practices are established and that quality is baked in from start.
- Being able to define "What good looks like" in an operational testing context, then help the organisation towards that end-state. That means, advising on where to uplift testing capabilities, how to uplift them and influencing scrum masters to prioritise uplift opportunities.
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many teams/trains
- Support, coaching / mentoring and professional development for QA's
- Advocating QA capabilities throughout an organization
- Experience leading a test capability/practice.
- Experience with recruitment of QAs and Automation Engineers
- Coaching agile teams in terms of preventing problems up the line - ensuring the teams (Scrum Teams) implement and follow best practices to prevent defects
- Experience with how to optimise Test Strategy in a Ci/CD environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic Test Manager tool kit: Test planning, Defect Management, Test Summary reporting, Environment and Release planning in an agile environment
- Managing RAID items in an agile release train environment
- Managing a testing strategy in context of a weekly release cadence and inconsideration of adopted branching model
- Awareness of ci/cd pipelines and branch strategies
- Environment planning and management
- Integration testing techniques
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing a test automation framework
- Any working knowledge of Salesforce and Oracle databases, mulesoft and google cloud will be a bonus
- Knowledge of Atlassian collaboration tools
- Good awareness of how manage ROI from testing investment. i.e. Uplift unit test coverage vs increase acceptance test automation capability.
QA / Testing / Test Manager / Test Lead / QA Lead / Melbourne South East / CONTRACT / 3-6 month contract / Australia
Contact Kimberley Mamo on 03 9020 1968 or contact Charmaine Thum as per details below:-