I am looking for an experienced front-end developer to join my clients team!
The contract is an immediate start for 3 months with a potential to extend.
Working within the development team you will be leveraging the latest tools and techniques to create engaging, performant front end solutions for many of our key clients. The successful applicant will have a demonstrable track record in front end delivery on a range of applications, a good eye for design, and a passion for delivering the best possible digital experiences.
- Working closely with the creative team to bring award-winning designs to life through the use of modern front-end web technologies
- Collaborating with other members of the development team on the integration of front end solutions into back end systems and wider digital ecosystems
- Assisting with the planning and estimation of front end aspects of digital projects, and ensuring work is completed within the estimates given
- Liaising with the Quality Assurance team to ensure high quality end products
- Continue to foster a culture of fun, commitment and learning
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of front end development and the delivery of digital projects
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop/Sketch and creating "pixel perfect" HTML/CSS from .psd/sketch files
- Good understanding of usability, accessibility and cross browser compatibility issues
- Previous exposure to Front End development for CMS platforms such as Drupal, Wordpress and Sitecore
- Strong educational background in computer science or related fields
- Experience working in both an Agile or Waterfall delivery process
- A team player that is always willing to help and takes pride in producing the best outcome for the client at every step of the way
Skills - Mandatory
- Excellent HTML, CSS/SASS skills
- React/Redux experience
- Advanced knowledge of google maps and locations APIs to create custom map experiences
- Familiarity with templating languages such as Handlebars and Twig
- Good understanding of task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM scripts
- Good understanding in Git version control
- Good understanding in automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with project managers and clients
- Ability to manage time for efficient delivery of work
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
Skills – Nice to Have
- Understanding of event-driven programming paradigm
- To thrive you must have an assertive personality, team spirit, attention to detail and excellent time management skills to work on various projects at once.
About The Client
They are a global marketing agency with more than 7,000 employees worldwide with principal offices in Kansas City, London, New York, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. they work with client partners including Colgate-Palmolive, Netflix, Dell, Ford, Australian Defense Force, PepsiCo, Pfizer and McDonald’s.
If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, they just might be the perfect place for you. You can join more than 400 people across Australia and New Zealand. Each office has its own unique personality. And what you’ll find inside is a space dedicated for small chats, big thinking and collaborative work sessions. They encourage everyone to get together over new ideas and questions no one’s ever asked. That’s how they keep our creative edge and consistently deliver innovative work.
However, it’s not all about the work. They want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With flexible working, Summer Fridays, beer taps, ping pong tables, cook offs, Friday pub lunches, and balcony sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates.
If this role sounds like it could be of interest to you, please apply via the link. Alternatively, get in touch with Peter Wyld on pwyld “at” SiriustechnologyDOTcomDOTau and I will be in touch with more information.