A market leader in developing and selling software and hardware solutions across the worlds transport, mobile video surveillance and telemetric industries. They are creating award-winning solutions that are used globally and are operating in 45 countries.
The main focus of this role will be as a software tester, and customer support engineer for the Sydney team, however, there will be some paid for travel to China (Changchun site) Flights, Accommodation etc included. So you will need good communication and documentation skills in Mandarin and English.
For this role, skills such as communications and troubleshooting, along with medium level networking knowledge is important.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to analyse testing requirements
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create and maintain Requirements Traceability documents
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities & test environments
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software & train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Support during pre-sales in estimating resources, time and effort
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows and Operating System concepts and usage
- Shell scripting
- Strong networking setup and troubleshooting skills
- Software or system testing experience
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Understanding of VoIP systems and associated control and streaming protocols
Over the next 3 - 6 months there are requirements to occasionally visit the site in China, this will involve being hands-on with adequate networking and site installation troubleshooting skills, some common issues would be cabling issues such as network, power etc. Other types of issues could be faulty devices that have malfunctioned after shipment, therefore, you would be looking to determine such cases, and assist if the issue is configuration related.
If you would like to work in a groundbreaking company that support your well being, career development and self-development then this will be a perfect fit.
Please apply here or send your CV with any questions to:
02 9270 5232