PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The role involves developing, maintaining and supporting applications and systems that support the business needs for a long time customer of this consultancy. This includes analysis, design, build, test and documenting solutions according to approved current standards and best practice methodology.
Responsibility for overall development, implementation and support for projects. This includes providing technical guidance, consultation and mentoring to other technical staff or project team members. Leading project development teams including planning, controlling and reporting on progress.
- Liaise with customers, in preparing and writing user requirements and functional specifications ensuring that the clients business needs are satisfied
- Provide accurate estimates required to complete work from business requirements
- Liaising with business analysts
- Be proactive in assisting the Business in identifying process improvements
- Provide accurate reporting of all tasks in progress
- Effective and efficient management of development activities to enable installations of the software to agreed schedule, budget and functionality
- Analyse, design, develop and test software solutions that meet user requirements according to approved IT standards and best practice methodology
- Delivery of work on time and budget
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of the clients applications, systems and processes to ensure effective knowledge transfer and facilitate support and development.
- Support existing and new applications developed providing reliability and consistency of systems.
- Provide SME support
- Provide knowledge transfer to facilitate support and development
Quality Process Improvements Contribution
- Identify and recommend initiatives that support and implement the Development team's strategy
- Implement quality policy and procedures, and contribute to continuous improvement activities to achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction
- Product Owners / Architects
- Project / Delivery Managers
- Business Analysts
- QA Analysts
- Systems analysis and development experience
- Extensive experience with API development
- AWS Lambda, Node.js, Cloudfront, API Gateway, S3, Cloudformation
- CI/CD – Bamboo, Bitbucket
- Self-sufficient leader who can drive things forward
- OAUTH OIDC
- Payments industry experience
- AWS Ceritfied