The primary purpose of the IT network Engineer is providing level 3 IT support for the company’s network & projects whilst managing technical escalations from within the IT team.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Network LAN and WAN Technologies
- Operating Systems (Cisco, Routing and Switching, Routing technologies, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing)
- Firewall technologies (in particular Palo Alto and Cisco ASA)
- WIFI technologies (including Cisco WIFI Controller)
- VOIP technology including Call Centre configuration.
- Video Conferencing systems and solutions ie Polycom and Zoom.
- Understanding of data centre environments & cabling solutions.
- Documentation including Microsoft Visio.
- Working within the ITIL v3 framework desirable
- Experience with clinical systems desirable
- Driving License & willing to occasionally travel (Minimal)
- Maintaining and Installing computer networks and environments: systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Point of escalation for all technical issues that cannot be resolved within the L1 / L2 teams
- Ensure that clinical and operational aspects of IT are delivered to allow full operational functionality
- Maintaining IT standards across all systems under your jurisdiction
- Respond to P1 and major incidents/outages and maintain communication with teams to resolve
- Capacity and performance management of IT systems
- Ownership and management of tickets assigned to your queue through to resolution
- Maintaining technical documentation, reports and records regarding infrastructure solutions
- Testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning network software/hardware to ensure optimum systems performance and highlight potential issues
You will be comfortable developing strong relationships with the following internal parties:
- Users at all levels
- Network Carriers
- Service Desk
- System Engineers
- Subject Matter Experts
- Vendors / key stakeholder's you would enjoy working within a global team, focused on delivering technical solutions within the health care sector and you have 5+ years commercial experience in the IT industry in a similar role then this could be a perfect fit.
This is initially a Fixed-term 2 years with the view to extend & go permanent
To be considered please apply now or feel free to contact Adam Armstrong for further information:
02 9270 5232
Keywords: IT Network Engineer LAN WAN Firewall wifi ITIL v3 cabling solutions Documentation Sydney Healthcare VOIP support level 3 L3