- Opportunity to get your hands dirty with large enterprise project
- Sydney CBD – modern office
- 6 months contract with a view to extend
Our client is looking for a few Data Engineers to join their team. This position is responsible for understanding requirements, solution design and ETL development.
You will also be responsible for the end to end development and testing of the ETL processes, including documenting technical data flows between operational systems. You should have validated experience crafting and developing transformation rules to support transaction databases.
- Develop ETL logic that meets business requirements for intake of data
- Analyse and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications along with the development, testing and implementation of ETL program logic.
- Analyse data sources, write prototype SQL to prove data transforms.
- Design, develop and tune solutions to integrate data with appropriate error handling and monitoring.
- Detect data quality issues, identify root causes, implement fixes and design data audits to capture issues.
- Design and develop solutions that identify data issues and report errors for further analysis.
- Help build positive relationships between team members and stakeholders.
- Utilize industry methodologies and generally accepted procedures.
- Dedicatedly develop and maintain technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and standards; applying expertise to produce premier solutions that are relevant and useful to the business.
- Play an active role in maintaining and improving development practices, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies.
- Improve operations by performing systems / data analysis and recommending changes in workflow and procedures.
- 4+ years of work experience in designing and developing DW/BI solutions
- Strong data warehouse experience – Kimball, Inmon methodologies
- Exposure to Data Governance
- ETL Tools – Informatica (must-have), DataStage, SSIS
- SQL, Python, PowerShell scripting
- Visualisation / Reporting tool – Tableau, PowerBI
- Agile environment
- Experience delivering Data Integration solutions for large scale enterprise systems.
- Experience working with GCP/AWS will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience working with data modeling methodologies and concepts
- Adept in understanding technical requirements and convert them into data flows.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas
If you are looking for a new challenge, Apply now. Alternatively, call Fei Wong 02 9270 5292 for a confidential chat.