Contract opportunity on a field site migration project to replace infrastructure across sites in Australia & New Zealand. The project includes replacing existing network and server infrastructure on a live site with virtual machines and equipment. You will be part of a dedicated project team and wider ICT Team that will undertake the work in line with structured methods and processes. Strong and effective communication skills are important for success in this role with the ability to work well and collaborate with team mates. It will also be expected to work out of business hours when required.
- VMWare ESXi Host Deployment and configuration
- VMWare VCentre Management of Hosts
- Understand of Scripting PowershellBatch
- Data migrations experience and CIFS/SMB file migrations
- Data migrations between servers, security permissions and provision of data access
- Post cutover support with end users
- Good networking understanding
- Cloud platform storage AWS, Azure or Nasuni is an advantage
Role and responsibilities:
- Build and configuration Wintel Servers and Virtual appliances such as Microsoft Servers, Virtual PaloAlto Router/Firewall, Powerchute application, SCCM DP, Nasuni Filer and PrinterLogic.
- Investigate existing sites to build up a profile if as is / to be and share in detail with project team
- Development and review of design documents and diagrams (Visio), SOP and user guides
- Project plans and scheduling for site work and liaising with the rest of the team for installation and cutover
- Validate rollback strategic and tactical planning.
- Work remotely with Field Engineers on-site to install test, verify and cutover
- Update site and device details in administrative systems including Service Now.
- Supporting field engineer during on-site support window. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as required.
If you feel your skills are a close match for this role please apply on line or call Jason Bidwell on 02 9270 5238 for further details