My client is seeking a personable and commercially astute data savvy professional to engage with the business and deliver on requirements gathered by providing meaningful business insights from the data analysed. You will need to draw on your problem solving ability and technical skills on a fraud detection project.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time 12 month contract
- September start
- CBD location accessible by public transport
- Innovative culture
- Creating predictive models on large amounts of data
- Advance data modelling and writing algorithms – optimisation
- Analysing complex data sets to determine patterns, predictions and developing reports for internal stakeholders
- Detect fraud from large data sets
- Programming in R or Python and exploring data using SQL and SPSS
- Collaborate and lead internal and external stakeholders for the development and delivery of the organisations Data Solutions
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy in and requirements are met.
- Proven understanding of data mining, cleansing and evaluation
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT OR Mathematics or Statistics (Honours of Masters Level is ideal). PHD preferred but not essential. Commercial experience more important
- Demonstrated understanding and proven experience on SQL, R and Python. An added bonus if you have experience on SPSS or SAS
- Understanding of Tableau or other data visualisation tools (Power BI, SSRS)
- Independent thinker, solution focused and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills and self-starter
We look forward to your application.