Due to substantial growth our client has a newly created role for an Engineering Lead to join their team. Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering this role will be responsible for managing and working with software engineers across Scrum Squads, and providing strong technical delivery leadership.
They are a national ASX listed organisation, and are the second largest provider of their services within their industry sector.
This role requires a technical leader with Agile and DevOps transformation experience to work with a number of technologies and architectural approaches to uplift their skilled technology delivery capability and remediate technical debt.
In this role you will work with other engineering leads to:
- Support the selection and adoption of key technology recommendations from architecture
- Support the establishment and maintenance of squad level solution architectures
- Support squad adoption of common frameworks, patterns and standards
- Contribute to architecture decisions on technology selection and usage
- Participate in the architectural design of products
- Develop and extend frameworks and standards to guide engineering practices
- Evaluate stability, compatibility, sustainability, scalability, interoperability, security and performance of the software product
- Introduce and maintain modern software engineering practices
- Mature robust solution design, architecture and code review practices to ensure frameworks and standards are followed
- Develop new skills through hands on coaching
- Transition to service-based architectures and cloud ready solutions
- Mentor engineers to explore alternate approaches to solving problems through prototyping, PoC, Experiments and learn through Failing Fast
- Drive high-quality DevOps friendly software features, components, and modules which support key cross functional requirements such as scalability, fault tolerance and security
To be successful you will need:
- Previous experience in a lead engineer or team leader role
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching and collaboration
- Experience in DevOps transformation encompassing cultural transformation
- Experience applying agile development practices, including knowledge of Scrum, Extreme Programming and TDD practices as well as an ability to coach others in their use
- Demonstrate understanding of Cloud architecture patterns
- Understand complexities associated with a distributed system
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent engineering skills across a range of technologies (full stack for preference) with advanced skills in an area of specialisation.
- C# development skills, deep knowledge of .NET Framework and understanding of .NET Core;
- Python development experience, preferably in conjunction with AWS services
- AWS knowledge and experience around PoCs, environment refreshes and automated deployments
- T-SQL development skills, with a deep knowledge of database design and data analysis skills;
If you are looking for a new challenge with an organisation where you have the opportunity to really grow professionally and take responsibility for end to end product delivery this is a great role to consider.
The offices are in the central CBD area and are close to lots of public transport options. Please note that you do need to have Australian working rights to be successful.