- A mindset suited to full ownership and being the SME on an enterprise payments system.
- A mindset suited to strategic work and a commercial approach to decision making.
- Lead role in managing and owning a critical system.
- Be ethically strong, methodical, through, really understand Software lifecycle
- Person ready to commit to a long contract = stable and secure.
- In a business facing team providing high level software support to systems used in the operations of a financial services business.
- Support and own a system on a segregated network working up and down the stack- front end to middleware to network connectivity.
- Business focussed, commercial mindset.
- Work with Data and Data lakes, running analytics across the top of that data.
- Be thorough in testing out all the changes in a preproduction environment and support deployments.
Platform teams, security, infra, users, vendors
- Support a production critical system which is SWIFT Payments. Including SWIFT Alliance software (3rd party)., SWIFT gateways (network connected devices).
- Know network terminology, how the environment hangs together (inc. Security) - security concepts.
- You will be installing the SWIFT software and ensuring everything is run correctly.
- Java is the house language.
- New projects and using data better: Build data pools and applications.
- SWIFT and a number of client own applications in a variety of languages.
- Whole payments environment has been upgraded last year so latest and greatest payments application.
- No tech obsolescence.
- Mature, team front line payment operations systems. Key systems driving the banks financial operations.
GOAL : Keep the whole environment up to date on all levels.
In conclusion you have...
- 5-10 years experience supporting critical business applications
- Java coding skills.
- Support experience including security upgrades, patch deployment.
- Support across the network including routing and configuration and MQ.
- Some payments systems experience.
- An acute awareness of risk in systems.
Please apply for the role via the website. This role is posted by Jason Bidwell of Sirius Technology.