This is an opportunity to join an industry leading financial and insurance firm for an initial 6 month contract that will extend and extend. This is a leadership role, where you can really define the strategic vision and future of the team.
Due to new projects and initiatives arising during an exciting time of growth, an opportunity is available for a DevOps lead to join the team.
What you will be doing
- Contribute, support and deliver the strategic vision set for devops engineering with a strong focus on enabling speed, scale and quality, supporting engineering delivery teams through DevOps
- Leads and drives automation throughout operational engineering activities and roles to remove “hands-on” work, driving an effective efficiency outcome
- Takes a leading role in moving further to an engineering and operations culture
- Finding better ways of doing things, with a view to the future and technology delivery trends
- Lead a team of 5 DevOps engineers
- Take ownership of Devops roadmap and strategy
- Balancing BAU and project delivery workload
What you will need
- Expert knowledge of modern software technology, consumer trends in technology and engineering principles and practices - leads, drives and ensures team automates through the implementation of solutions “as-code” - You think to the future
- Must be hands-on and willing to participate in actively “doing” with the team when needed
- Communicates positively and confidently at all times, internally and externally relevant, valuable information. A natural motivator
- A combination of personality traits (smart, innovative, low ego, collaborative, honest, of high integrity, intensity and passion)
- Can empathise with people and clients appropriately and use that empathy in effective decision making
The position is a vitally important role in our growing company. We are soon bringing on more products and need a person who can hit the ground running and help us build a stronger foundation and framework for the future.
You will love this job if you have a can-do approach, and the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with a small, fast-paced team of software engineers and key stakeholders. We want you to surprise us with your innovative ideas and solutions. There is some on-call work involved, but we work with you to ensure that this provides a lifestyle advantage in terms of flexibility. Any
after-hours work can be done from your home if you wish.
The contract is for 6 months with a view that you can become permanent and enjoy all the perks that this blue chip company has to offer
- Strong knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ideally with certifications in solution architecture or
- Strong understanding of cloud networking and concepts, troubleshooting, and working in fast paced and ever-changing
- Experience with managing software development environments in the cloud. This includes bug tracking (e.g. JIRA), source code management (e.g. BitBucket/GitHub) and continuous integration/deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Solid Linux and Database experience (MySQL preferably)
- Experience with Terraform, Docker,
- Experience with Splunk, Datadog, Cloudwatch, AppDynamics
- Programming experience in Java, Go, React
- Microservices Architecture
- Exposure to ISO and PCI environments
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experiencing supporting a 24x7 system
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, please apply now via the link. Alternatively, send your CV directly to Peter Wyld on email@example.com and I will be in touch with more information.